Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend run

Brrrr is it cold in NYC tonight!!! I don't like to run in bitter cold. Today I ran early morning when not so cold - around 35 degrees or so. Windy though.
I am always conflicted about running in tights. Yes, they are warm. And the support feels good. But they just don't feel right to me. And I am very self-conscious in them. Feel kind of ridiculous in them - like a sausage in a casing. If I had a chiseled physique, it would be ok. But I know I would not look like a super model in a lycra catsuit. I would look decidedly unsexy in my tights. So I didn't wear them today. Just shorts, a hat, and two layers of shirts.
Ran one day this weekend, which was pretty good. Good solid run. Ran early in morning, and set up the day for feeling really good.
I just hope my Monday weight isn't too much and I can see some weight loss from last week. Kind of stuck right now at a certain weight and I'm trying to lose it. Gotta be in shape for November. Every pound I carry then, I carry for 26.2 miles. Great motivation -- I look at a cookie and ask myself -- do I want to lug it around for 26 miles in November?

1 comment:

  1. "I look at a cookie and ask myself -- do I want to lug it around for 26 miles in November?"

    what a great way to look at things! i will be using this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Your Thoughts!