Friday, August 19, 2016

Return

Wow, its been a year and change since lat post.  Not good.  Too much has happened to recap, and life moves on.  SO lets just skip the interregnum...

I have of course fallen out of shape and added weight.  But, for last month or so, been dedicating myself to a new goal: next year (2017) NY Marathon.  That means i have plenty of time to lose weight, to regain form and not to put myself under so much pressure to accomplish too much in short span.

But I do have to run 9 races at N RR  two are down and one is Sunday.  The two races I have run have been my worst races ever as an NYRR member.  It has been hot.  I am not in race shape.  I am older.

But what counts is that I am doing it.  As I have said before, I am not going to win.  I do this for all the benefits that a sustained program brings.  Ease of mind, health, joy, fitness.


Its a long journey to NY Mara 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Your Thoughts!