Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Health Issue

So I don't have the flu, just flu like symptoms, and moderate case of feeling bad. Doctor told me not to run, and said that I could injure my heart muscle if I pushed too hard now when I am sick. Yikes! OK, I'll take a couple days off.

On another note, my doctor convinced me to have a heart exam. No issues or problems, just a look see, given that I am in my 40's and had a heart arrhythmia in my 20's. Not a big deal, but I am not getting any younger, and with people I know having serious health issues, better to stay informed than to risk it. I am actually kind of intrigued to see the results of the stress test, etc.

Blood pressure yesterday: 110/70 with a resting heart rate of 64, which doctor said was elevated because of my sickness, so she speculated it would be under 60 normally.

5 comments:

  1. what a bummer. resting can be a hard order to follow. the wings, apparently, are an anomaly that need no rest to do their best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Please take good care of yourself. Heart issues scare me. I'm glad you have it under control though. Hope you get better soon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog and enjoy it.
    good luck, and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep me updated on your condition. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself. Exercise isn't a bad thing, it just depends on the intensity when you are sick. Enjoy the weather, go for a walk or sit outside. The outdoors can really brighten your spirit :)
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest up and get feeling better really soon, take great care.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Your Thoughts!