Friday, January 27, 2012

Crash and Burn

Let's just say that my run last night...well, it didn't go according to plan.  The clip below is from an old, artsy movie, Koyaanisqatsi.  The music is Philip Glass.  My run at about mile 3 was equivalent to 1:26 in the clip below...



The rocket is an unmanned 1962 Centaur rocket explosion, not a Space Shuttle; the movie came out in 1982, four years before Challenger.  The whole movie is a total trip, and a mediation on life, technology and nature.  I have never watched it beginning to end, but in college it was a favorite movie for stoners and trippers.  (In college, I once walked into a fraternity brother's room and saw a group of guys crying as they watched this part of the movie; they were all stoned out of their minds.)  The music is haunting though, as is the image of the rocket falling.

3 comments:

  1. So that made me laugh--I know that wasn't the intention, but I can't help it given your analogy to your run. I hope your next run is a more, um, successful launch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you got through the unforgiving minute .)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully, you're still breathing - that's a good thing! :)
    Oh how I wish I had a dollar for every crash and burn run...I wouldn't be sitting here in the middle of a blizzard right now! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Your Thoughts!